Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sickness: Round Two

When I first began writing the previous post last night, indeed everyone in the Crook household was feeling very healthy and chipper. But the morning brought bad news, of the viral variety. Lies awoke at 5 this morning with a stomach ache, and the virus exacted its revenge over the next two hours. This morning, the virus also afflicted Lies' sister Ruth, mother of the now healthy Micha. Desmond, fortunately, is still healthy. In fact, he was quite happy that his plans for the day featured a day trip to Amsterdam. He's probably hoping he can keep his distance from us so he can stay healthy for his trip to Spain, for which he embarks on Friday. Thankfully, the author of this blog is still healthy, much to the amazement (and perhaps consternation) of his wife and guest. The words of the Apostle Paul seem fitting: "Brethren, pray for us" (I Thess. 5:25).

6 comments:

  1. Rapp~ It was so wonderful to find your blog- quite by accident- and to be updated on your adventures"Across the Pond". I must say that you helped to inspire me to begin a blog as well for my husband's family in AZ that sometimes feels out of the loop in our lives. Gods blessings on you and your wife and I will be praying for her health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you and Miguel! I wish you the best with your blog ... I have enjoyed doing mine (though I'm not exactly the epitome of faithfulness). The picture of your family in your profile is very nice, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zij is ziek-again?! Poor Rapp, just when you were hoping to give up your career as een verpleegster. I am praying for you all. Liesbeth looks quite mischievous in her hat! It is snowing pretty hard right now. We are expecting 4-6 inches today. No school this afternoon!! Highs in the teens predicted for Saturday- Laura's moving day! Doei,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lieve moeder,
    Ja, ik moest opnieuw een verpleger zijn. Gelukkig voelt Lies zich veel beter vandaag. Morgen gaat zij niet naar haar werk. Zij heeft een beetje meer rust nodig.
    Liefs,
    Rapp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. VERY impressive, Julie!!!
    Rapp, Very nice...but not that shocking. :-)
    You are doing a very nice job with your blog! Keep it up. We enjoy getting to know what you two are up to. We, of course, are doing the same old everyday stuff. The semester ended today with a cancellation due to snow! I guess that is kinda exciting! (which is why I used an exclamation mark as the punctuation.) Haha! Oh well, I don't like writng for all the world to critique...so I will talk to you later. Can't wait to see ya again!
    Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rapp, I think this is a close translation.
    Dear Mom,
    Yes, I think I am tired of being a nurse.Happily, Lies feels more like herself today. This morning she is not going to her work. She needs a little more rest.
    Love,Rapp

    ReplyDelete