Today has been a whale of a day.... Liesbeth and I had a littany of errands to run this afternoon. After the first errand, we came back to the car, and when I tried to start it ... nothing. Again, nothing. I tried the lights, and when they failed to come on, it confirmed my suspicion of a dead battery. Someone jumped us. We drove on to the next shop. Liesbeth went in while I sat in an idling car. I thought it had charged long enough, so I decided to go inside to check on how transactions were progressing. Of course, as soon as I turned off the car, she walked out. And as soon as I tried to restart the car, nothing happened. Fortunately, Triple A (actually ANBW, but that doesn't mean anything to us Americans) showed up very quickly, as did her father. We had to get a battery replacement quickly, because we needed the car to run, and the shops closed at 5 today. We made a trip over to the Nissan dealership, since they'd be the only ones who would have the right battery and could perform the service right away. The battery did get replaced, and Bro. Ab kindly paid for the service. The Lord was good to us, as we were able to buy the things we needed for the reception, and pick up supper for Mom, Dad, and Daniel on our way home. Amazing. All in all, we were thankful for the battery problem ... better today than tomorrow! And tomorrow, her father might have decided battery replacements are something for husbands to take care of, and not fathers!:) But whatever happens tomorrow, we are getting married! And we're very happy about it!
For Liesbeth and me, wedding events begin at 11:30, when I go to her house for tea. Friends and family will join us at 12:30 ... actually parents will be there at 11:30. From there, we go to the City Hall, and then to a Rose Garden for a break, more tea, and some pictures. Then to church, more pictures of the now-married couple, and finally to the reception and feast. Festivities will probably conclude around 11pm. Since it looks like tomorrow is going to be an even bigger day than today (whales do beget whales), I'm headed to bed, probably an hour or two later than I should have. I wish my family and friends beyond the pond,\ a very good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello, my favorite brother and sister-in-law. At this present moment, you are both Mr. and Mrs. Rapp Crook for eternity, and I'd like to extend my heart-felt congratulations. Kara and I certainly would have loved to be there celebrating the day with you, but as circumstances did not allow that, we'll have to make do. We love you both so very much, and we miss you terribly. You both are daily in our thoughts and prayers, so in that sense, we are together.
ReplyDeleteI just came in from running 3 miles, Kara is cleaning the house, and Nan is chewing on her pig ear. I'm also babysitting Nan as we're still needing to keep a constant watchful eye on her. She's in the process of being house-broken, so we really can't leave her unattended. All in all, she's doing well. She is learning to walk with a leash, which has been a slow process, but she's improving. She's also learning to "sit" upon command. Nan is a good dog and we're proud of her.
Hope you enjoy your honeymoon and please keep in touch. Much love and prayers,
Ashton&Kara
Congrats from Franco & Amy as well! We love you both and are so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteFranco & Amy