Yesterday, Liesbeth and I drove up to Wapenveld to visit Bro. Henk Dijkstra's church. We had planned to visit a few weeks ago, but a combination of sickness and very bad weather postponed our visit to yesterday. We had a very nice service, in which we spoke about choices. There was a very nice atmosphere in the church, and we enjoyed the presence of the Lord very much in the after service.
This morning, I got up bright and early for my first day at work. The Starre-Group does several different things at their Boskoop location, including both a printing operation and growing clematis. Today, I worked for DesignStar (the printing operation). I handled lots of etiquettes (the signs that go in the flower pots) because I had to count them. I also applied quite a few price tags to etiquettes. (I think they were headed to Norway, because the prices were, for example, NOK 129,90. I took that to mean Norwegian kroner, but that's just a guess.) My favorite part of the day was cutting some freshly printed posters and then laminating them. I finished the day by, again, counting etiquettes and bundling them in groups of 25. Before I left, the DesignStar manager (named Johan) told me I might be able to do some work on a computer later this week. I'd like to get into designing some of their signage, but that might require a particular educational background. We'll see. I'm just glad to have a job.
I spent most of the day working with an Iranian emigre who has worked for the Starre Group for about 12 years. It was nice to work with him because his Dutch is easier to understand than some of the true Dutchmen. A lot of the workers have quite a nasal accent. It's much different from my in-laws', so I'm not used to listening to it and it'll take me some time to understand it.
Now, it's almost nine o'clock, and the morning will come soon, so good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dear Rapp, I missed our Monday chat! But glad you were at work, plus I go to talk with Liesbeth intead. She said you had a good appetite for supper! I hope you can enjoy the job and not find the work too tedious. Love, Mom
ReplyDeletewell, congrats...i've been 'gone' and didn't realize you'd joined the 'workin' folks. sounds like God was very gracious to you with this particular job (He is sooo good) ... i understand He was pretty gracious to you in the person of your lovely wife :>) whoops, gotta run hugs and kisses g'ma
ReplyDeleteGreetings Rapp, it was nice speaking with you for that brief moment. Wanted to give a link, it is a great debate about the Godhead.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.apostoliclive.com/
This will help on our "Drama" on the Godhead.
Jeff
Specifically it's
ReplyDeletehttp://www.apostoliclive.com/play.php?vid=412
Rapp & Liesbeth,
ReplyDeleteAre you two ok? Haven't heard from you in a month of Sundays. Love, 1FSTGPA
Yep, you are missed.
ReplyDeleteI stayed up until an ungodly hour the other morning watching that Godhead debate posted by Bro. Jeff and Zion. Fascinating. And, I was just thinking, "If only Rapp were here we could have a really good conversation about it." :)
Later.
Seriously....come on Rapp! Or Liesbeth! We really miss you!!! Your Mom said you were super busy. Apparently, too busy for us. :-( Anyway, praying you are both well and waiting to hear from you again.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, we are all doing great! Getting ready to take the Freshman to D.C. with John in less than two weeks. That should be fun! Then we have achievement test for the elementary....then MAY!!!! You KNOW how fast THAT month flies! John is co-speaker for graduation. :-) (Apparently it takes 2 to fill your shoes! :-) Haha!)
Anyway, now you are caught up with us. Now return the favor! Haha! :)
Love and miss you two,
Jess
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHeya...long time no hear. Just wanted to remind you that you are missed. Update sometime soon when you can get a chance (I know - life can be crazy busy at times...). I know all of us would love to hear how you all are doing. :)
ReplyDeleteTake Care,
Justin & Elisabeth
Hello Rapp and Liesbeth,
ReplyDeleteWe have been thinking about our trip to Europe a year ago wondering how you enjoyed your brief visit to Scotland. Steven wants you blog address. Maybe you could send it to him. Steven@strooh.com
Blessings and take some pics of the flowers in bloom for us.
with love the Strooh Crew